Friday, January 7, 2011

Once in a Blue Moon...

The blue moonlight mist on this New Years Eve is beautiful.  I, too, am reflecting like the moon, with grateful presence, on the joys and challenges of this Life.  Adi and I began today harmonizing yoga with sweet sounds of truth sung so amazingly by Michelle...in 2009, we welcomed a son and lost a mother.

Moving into 2010, I am reminded that our Flow sangha/community is growing into its seventh year.  The tradition of new year reflection and hope toward the future is as natural as the change of seasons.  However, this year, I am shining the light of awareness on my perspective a little more wholly.
Goals tend to be external and time-focused, and although they can be empowering they are only temporary.  This is why some of us have given up this tradition.  The yoga approach is more internal and presence aware.  Realizing that we truly can not change anything about who we really are.  Who we really are is eternal, present, Truth.  We are not these beautiful bodies, brilliant minds, and talented hands (although deeply grateful for this experience of them), but something more.  

So, this year, instead of goals, I am fine-tuning my affirmations/intentions to become reminders written in the present tense.  Now, once, during this blue moon, I write this with the full awareness that these are perspectives that I shine and reflect...on this divine play, lila, called Life.  I also completely release any attachment to them, surrendering them to the blue moon sky and the whole of the universe with faith and gratitude...simply shining the light of awareness:
~Resting each evening, knowing the many facets of the jewel I shine & reflect
~Gracefully surrendering to mothering, giving SO MUCH LOVE with humor & gratitude
~Feeling healthy, cultivating vital energy, & resting when it feels natural
~Pausing to reflect, being gratefully present with those I love, including myself
~Finding inner silence and stillness

There is no lasting change, everything is temporary.  However, I have experienced the grace of transformation.  Transformation occurs naturally when awareness allows true acceptance of what is and the Truth of who you are.  All the goal-setting, trying, effort, intending, affirming, etc in the world may provide you temporary change, attachment, pleasure.  However, true transformation is effortless..GRACE...naturally arising from the presence of awareness and acceptance.

No comments: