Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stillness, Darkness & Illumination


Today is the darkest day of the year.  Since the beginning of times, we have celebrated this darkest time of the year.  In the natural darkness, it is time for stillness and illumination.  To come "indoors" for quiet times and reflective moments, balanced with inner light, illumination, and celebration.

Winter is the time for hibernation, incubation, reflection, rejuvenation, contemplation, and completion in preparation for the new.

Here is a poem Sybil wrote in celebration for this time of year:

My body still and wise I trust
The design so well thought , the love poured in and the life well lived

My body still and wise I trust
My age and my movement brings me deeper into questions and seeking

My body still and wise I trust
What I can imagine and see of the perfection has never dwindled in me

My body still and wise I trust
It is all possible for me and therefore true for you

My body still and wise I trust
Higher self and limitless love I exude

My body still and wise I trust
Guide me through this discomfort and still my doing so I can hear exactly what to be

I align myself with truth
I trust in the stillness
and now I know where and how I am meant to be

Happy Holidays and Winter Solstice.
Stillness, Darkness & Illumination

No comments: